Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A post about nothing

So what does one do when going stir crazy from writing a document proposal for a thesis? I found ever other way that waste time… I checked eBay …checked e-mail checked Facebook. Now I'm looking at blogs. And then I remember: I have a blog. When's the last time I wrote on that blog? Oh Gee, if had any followers they've probably given up on me. Not that I'm all that interesting and not that I'm writing to an audience because if I thought I had an audience, I may get an ego. So I've been in the house for three days because we've had a foot and a half of snow and I'm supposed to be working feverishly on my writing: a document proposal, an essay, an article on the importance of reading to children, an article on green household cleaners, and an article about the modern farm woman. My husband, who is away, tells me that work expands to fit the time allotted. I'm afraid he's right. I guess that is what happens to procrastinators or perfectionists, of which I'm both. It's 10 o'clock in the evening, I haven't eaten since noon and I'm trying to decide whether to eat before I go to bed to toss and turn and not sleep till 3 AM because I have so much work to do and it's on my mind.
I don't really feel like a midnight ride to Wal-Mart but I don't know that just a ride around town would work. I'd like to eat at the diner in the next town but not sure I'm worth doing it alone. My husband and I want this place at 2 AM when we been doing something crazy like taking late-night pictures for find ourselves bored with the usual fare. I wrote a poem about a diner a few years ago in the short order cook there. But I just did a search on my hard drive and can't find that poem to share. So I guess I'll go find a snack.

1 comment:

Folkways Note Book said...

Ragamuffin -- thanks for stopping by my blog and also noting me as blogs that you follow. Great resolution to read the 50 plus books for 2011. Also, wonderful educational goals that you are near completing.
-- barbara